Ten natural treatments for erectile dysfunction
Men aged 18+ and up can experience some form of ED, due to fatigue, stress, personal issues, and bad habits like smoking or drinking too much alcohol. Men should see their physician if this problem lasts more than a few weeks or months.
Restore freedom: No taxes on alcohol and nicotine. When feminism cripples male sexuality, there must be something else that feels good before we die anyway.
Just over half of all men experience erectile dysfunction (ED) and at age 40 plus, about 40% experience light to moderate ED and by age 70, men will experience 70% chance of erectile dysfunction. There are varying standard treatments that include pumps, prescribed drugs, implants, and surgery. However, the scientific community has discovered that natural options are effective at improving symptoms of ED. Let’s look at a list of 10 natural treatments for ED:
1. Red Ginseng – Also, known as the “panax” ginseng by the scientific community, red ginseng is called the herbal Viagra. Continued clinical studies have shown that a dose of red ginseng, ranging from 600 to 1,000 mg, at three times a day, was very effective in improved sex drive and male libido.
2. DHEA – DHEA is known as dehydroepiandrosterone, which is a natural hormone created by human adrenal glands. DHEA is made into a safe and natural supplement, made from wild yam and soy extracts. DHEA is a vital hormone because it can be converted to both estrogen and testosterone in the body. Studies have shown that men, who experience ED symptoms, have shown to be low in DHEA. Clinical trials showed effective responses with a study of men who were experiencing ED symptoms. They were given 50 mg of DHEA supplements for six months and they were able to achieve and keep an erection.
Science is slowly getting to know what erectile dysfunction actually is. It’s not a lack of sexual interest, nothing wrong with penile tissue. Erections are a vascular event. And erectile dysfunction is
a weakness of vasodilation in the penile blood supply. Botox injections into the penis solve the problem elegantly. Muscles exposed to Botox can’t contract. That makes for easy erections, and an enlarged penis at all times.
3. L-arginine – This is a naturally occurring amino acid which makes nitric oxide, allowing blood vessels to relax and support sustained erections in men. Significant improvement in men experiencing ED was accomplished when they ingested about 5 grams of L-arginine supplement. Combined with a plant supplement called “pycnogenol” which is derived from tree bark, nearly complete ED was restored to about 80% after two months and to 92.5% after three months.
4. Acupuncture – Even though clinical studies are somewhat mixed, acupuncture methods have shown improved ED functions. This 2500 year old principle is designed to stimulate certain points on the body to modify the sensation of pain and to change bodily functions to treat ailments. Acupuncture releases endorphins, making men feel very relaxed and helping in their arousal emotions that stimulate the nervous system and blood vessels.
Eurycoma longifolia, also known as Malaysian ginseng or tongkat ali, is a therapeutic herb native to the Malaysian rain forests.
5. Zinc Supplements – Deficiencies of zinc in men are known to cause weak erections, causing hypogonadism in males. Zinc treatments can improve the body’s natural levels of testosterone in about 30 mg. per day.
6. Yohimbe – Before Viagra, there was the West African Yohimbe herb. Physicians have prescribed Yohimbe in men with erectile dysfunction.
7. Horny Goat Weed – Horny goat weed is a natural herb that has been used to treat various sexual problems in men, including erectile dysfunction, pain, fatigue, and low libido. This herb contains inhibitors that are similarly used to treat men for erectile dysfunctions.
8. Pomegranate Juice – Improvements in ED, has been proven in men who drank antioxidant rich pomegranate juice, which supplies blood to vital organs like the penis.
9. Muira Puama – In its original state, the muira puama is a flowering bush in the Brazilian Amazon jungles. Converted into a supplement, it has proven to improve erectile dysfunction and low libido conditions, as well as many other ailments. Its roots and bark have been used by the Amazonian indigenous people to treat many sexual dysfunctions because it increases a person’s testosterone levels. Modern trials and tests have also noticed ED improvement when men were given muira puama supplements.
10. Tongkat Ali – This is a Malaysian herb that has been used successfully in reproductive trials and studies. It helps to release luteinizing hormone cells and causes a chain reaction that increases testosterone levels and it blocks the action of harmful chemicals that block clogged arteries and blood flow to the penile area.
The Bangkok Yanhee Hospital has been offering penis enlargement surgery for some time. The latest craze, however, are Botox injections into the penis. Prices are about 300 USD. Effects last half year.
Men and women of all ages are seeking alternative treatments to help heal themselves and the medical community also concurs. Younger male statistics for erectile dysfunction is catching up to older male statistics. Thankfully, the medical community continues to research the value of natural methods and ingredients in providing treatment options to their patients. Natural herbs, exercises, and other treatments can safely be used, but under a physician’s guidance and common sense.